Urgent Appointments are booked on the day for 8am. They are for patients who have problems which, for medical reasons, cannot wait for a routine appointment.
- We are not an Emergency medical Service, if you require emergency medical assistance please dial 999.
- Patients are encouraged to call between 8 – 10am, although this service is still available after these times.The Duty Doctor will call back, assess the problem and offer advice or an appointment as appropriate.
- It is not usually possible to offer a choice of doctor for urgent appointments.
- You are required to state the nature of the urgent medical condition
- Other sources of help for urgent problems include NHS Choices (excellent website advice) and NHS Walk in Centres which are particularly useful if you are not near the surgery.
- Non-urgent problems will not be managed by the Duty Doctor.
- We do not offer a walk in service
- Find out more about doctor appointments and nurse appointments including advice about who can best deal with your particular problem.