We offer a free chlamydia test to all young adults aged between 15-24 years.
- It’s free
- It’s quick
- It’s confidential
You do NOT need to see a doctor or nurse to have the test – you can take the test yourself. Simply obtain a testing kit from surgery reception. If you want to, download and print our Chlamydia Test Card. Hand it to a member of reception staff and they will discretely supply you with a testing kit.
Facts about Chlamydia
- Chlamydia is the most common bacterial sexually transmitted infection
- People who are 24 and under and sexually active are more likely to get chlamydia
- 1 in 14 people 24 and under who are tested, have chlamydia
- It affects both men and women
- Most people who have chlamydia don’t know they’ve got it
If you are 24 or under and have been sexually active, it is recommended that you take a chlamydia test every year, or every time you change a sexual partner.
Should you have chlamydia symptoms or have received a positive result then you need treatment.
Don’t worry, chlamydia is easy to treat with antibiotics, and treatment is FREE!