Changes to the serivces at Summmercroft Surgery in light of Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- The surgery door are locked and is operating a Safe Practice Policy this does NOT mean that the practice is closed. Meaning it is continuing to provide appropriate essential services under a different, but safe, operating model predominantly based on telephone and video remote consulting.
- GPs triaging calls daily by telephone or video.
- Only patients who have been clinically triaged and need to be seen by a GP will be invited in for an appointment at the surgery.
- With the front door locked all week including for phlebotomy service – clinicians will let patients in one at a time.
- Nurses will be performing all reviews over the phone – only seeing patients for baby immumnisations. Some patients may need to come in for shingles vaccine (if approaching 80 and cannot be deferred.) We would also encourage all patients to continue to attend for their normal screening tests, such as smear tests – our team have been offering these for some time now and it is important for your health that these tests continue to be carried out. Dressings managed over tel if possible and nurse will bring in as required.
- Confirmation that the surgery will remain open on Easter Friday and Monday to support NHS.
- Online appointment booking has been withdrawn, please contact the surgery if you require an appointment
- Patient are required to nominated a pharmacy.
- Please note there may be a delay in actioning your request, due to an increased workload.
- The surgery is not permitted to issue more than the standard 2 months supply of medication. This is to avoid a shortage of medication.
- Prescription requests can be made via post, online patient services, nominated pharmacy or by email BROCCG.SummercroftEnquiries@nhs.net
- There may be a delay in processing your referrals.
- There may be a reduciton in available services.
- Hospitals have in place COVID-19 contingency plan, this may mean a delays in appointments or cancellation. Patient will be contacted regarding their referral in due course.
Obtaining an Isolation Note
- If your employer is asking for an isolation note, please follow the link below to obtain an isolation note from 111. https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/