How it works:
- For pre-booked appointments, our reception team will advise you your appointment has been booked as a video appointment.
- For on-the-day (emergency) appointments, your GP will let you know that they would like you to do a video consultation, either in advance or, (more commonly) after speaking to you on the telephone first.
- Your clinician will then send you a text message with a link to load video consultation, that looks something like this:
What you need to do:
- Once you receive the message click on the link
- You may then be taken to a screen where you need to “Test your microphone” so we can be sure your device is ready.
- Press the “Test” button and you will then need to click “Allow” to enable the florey.accurx.com software to access your microphone.
- Once it has been confirmed your microphone is working, click the “Click here to continue” button.
- If it is your first time using this system, you will then be taken to a page advising you to complete the following steps.
- Select “Continue in browser”. It will then open your internet browser (e.g. Safari, Chrome).
- It will then show you a screen where you need to click “Request permissions” to enable your camera and your microphone.
- Click “Allow” when prompted. You should then be able to see yourself.
- You should then wait for the GP to join the consultation.
Tips for using florey.accurx.com
- To maximize your view of the GP, click the 3 little dots on the top right-hand-side of the GP screen and click “Maximize”.
- To leave the call, click the red hand in the bottom right-hand-side of the screen that says “Leave”.
See a video of how it works
- We’ve got a video of how it looks here
What do I need for it to work?
- A smartphone, either with working Wifi/3G/4G connection
- Your Internet Browser needs to have your phone’s microphone and camera enabled (you can see how to alter this in your phone settings here). You might also need to make sure you are using a supported browser.
- iPhones running older software that has not been updated (iOS 12 and earlier) will need to download the Whereby app to join the consultation)
What if I don’t have a smartphone or the video doesn’t work on my phone?
You can also access the link on a computer. Just type it into the top of the internet browser like so:
If you don’t have a mobile phone at all, but you do have a computer or tablet and an email address, we can still arrange video calls by emailing the link to you.